Set of two Hard pads + SURE FOOT Program Instructional DVD (if requested).
FIRM– The “Workhorse” of SURE FOOT Products
Genuine SURE FOOT Equine FIRM Pads have Green DuraFlex coated top stamped with the official SURE FOOT logo and an are charcoal on the other side. They are packaged in pairs along with a Warranty Card registration form and QR code for immediate access to the SURE FOOT Equine website.
Choose the FIRM Pad for calm horses if you can only start with one density. It is the most versatile of the SURE FOOT Equine Pads. This flat Pad offers more lateral give than HARD but is not as challenging as MEDIUM and SOFT.
The FIRM Pad may be used with any size or weight horse that is typically calm and easily accepts new ideas. For horses over 17 hands and 1800 pounds, the HARD Pad is recommended as the FIRM may compress too much to give sufficient feedback at first.
The FIRM Pad has two working surfaces; diffuse (green) and direct (charcoal) giving your horse two choices. Pads may be used the same side up, or one up and one down. You can feel this difference yourself by standing barefooted with one foot on each surface.
Generally, FIRM is considered the starter pad – unless you have an anxious, weak, or nervous horse, one rehabilitating from injury or accident, or returning to work after a long break. In these cases, you would start with the HARD pad to avoid overtaxing your horse in the beginning.
- Pads are suitable for use on any surface with horses that are shod, barefoot, and/or wearing boots.
- Pads will show wear over time. Nicks, tears, and cuts are considered normal wear and tear and do not limit the effects of the pads in any way
Warning: Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the SURE FOOT Equine Stability Program before using SURE FOOT pads with your horse. Failure to follow instructions could result in death or serious injury. Check with your veterinarian before using SURE FOOT for any health-related conditions. Keep your hands away from the horse’s hoof. Use your foot to position the pads. See instructions for use on the SURE FOOT DVD, SURE FOOT Equine website surefootequine.com and SuURE FOOT Equine YouTube Channel.
- Benefit: Long-term use to aid in the improvement of overall horse health and well-being.
- Color-Coded: Coated with Green DuraFlex, a highly durable, anti-microbial coating.
- Shape: Rectangular shape allows the different density pads to be paired or stacked for ease of use.
- Size: 10”x12”x2” (25cmx30cmx5cm) so that there is sufficient area for the horse’s hoof and thickness to withstand the compression under the horse’s weight.
- Pad Weight: Each pad weighs 6.5 oz (184 grams).
- Weight load limit: Can be used with horses of any size, weight, or breed.