50 Five-Minute Fixes To Improve Your Riding Book – Simple Solutions for Better Position and Performance in No Time
5 minutes a day is all the time you need to achieve:
• Better balance in the saddle
• Improved body control from head to toe
• Increased influence with your seat
• Flawless leg position and subtle aiding
• Quieter, softer hands and contact your horse can trust
• Less physical stiffness, tension, and riding-related pain
• Confidence in your ability to communicate with your horse
PLUS, in just 5 minutes you can improve a horse that’s:
• Unwilling to go forward or “dead” to the leg
• Hollow-backed, high-headed, or above the bit
• Heavy on the forehand and unbalanced
• A chronic “puller,” “leaner,” or “head-tosser”
Start or end your riding sessions with Wendy Murdoch’s 5-Minute Fixes, and you’ll be amazed how quickly you can replace old habits with new ones, get out of your “riding rut,” and transform what you can’t do to what you can do – naturally, capably, comfortably, and consistently alongside a happy riding partner — your horse.
Illustrations: 199 color photos and 41 illustrations
40 5-Minute Jumping Fixes Book – Simple Solutions for Better Jumping Performance in No Time
Better balance in the saddle, improved body control from head to toe, and increased influence with your seat are just a handful of the simple fixes offered in this straightforward training manual for jumping. Most of the suggestions provided within require only a few minutes to learn and offer solutions for making jumping more enjoyable for both riders and their horses.
Many of the lessons, such as using your body to steer between fences, perfecting the crest release, and counting strides and distances, can be broken down into a series of smaller exercises that build upon each other and can also be used as a warm up or quick position check at the beginning of a ride.
By starting and ending each ride with these simple, easy, and effective fixes, equestrians will happily and efficiently replace old habits with new ones and get out of their riding rut.
Illustrations: 175 color photos, 45 color illustrations